Message transferred from the old forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Message transferred from the old forum

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:52 am

This message was posted on the old forum by Four B

Could of points some may be able to answer

1) If I am retired on the grounds of ill health on one injury and subsequently down the time line an injury I picked up in the course of my duties becomes disabling. Can I claim this as an IOD albeit I was not retired because of it.

2)I am being retired on the grounds of ill health and my sick note takes me beyond my retirement date. I have loads of AL and banked Bank Holidays in my pot. I have found out that HR are trying to shift this outstanding balance by taking me off sick and putting me on AL leading up to my departure. Can they do this.
Admin
Admin

http://pipin.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Message transferred from the old forum

Post by RedDog on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:25 pm

With reference to the second point I believe I am right in saying that they cannot do that!

The logic behind that assumption is that if an officer is listed as annual leave then regulations allow the powers that be to cancel AL and recall you to service if they so wish. Obviously if you are registered sick then you would be unable to work. Hence, my belief is that they are unable to do it.

RedDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Melly on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:16 am

Have they made you claim esa, if so phone 999 and report a fraud!If you were on the A/L then became ill you could report sick and have your leave re instated so its a big NO sick leave takes priority. Where do these people get off.
Hope things work out.

Roger Melly

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmax on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Four B, that stinks, of course they can't do it. You're sick and you should be paid any outstanding leave but not B/H.

Blackmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top