MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

DVLA and Expenses

Go down

DVLA and Expenses

Post by Beachcomber on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:39 pm

From the Old Pipin Forum. Originally posted by FourB

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:28 pm Post subject: DVLA AND EXPENSES
Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I am absolutely sure that someone on here has experienced similar.

Some of the meds I take on an ad-hoc basis sedate me. For these reasons the DVLA have revoked my DL.

I have tried to explain that I take these meds on an ad hoc basis and when I have taken them I do not drive. They have explained that I have to get my GP to give me the all clear then apply for a new DL which costs £50. I had a discussion with the chap at the DVLA and he was a jobsworth who would not budge. I asked him if he trusted both me and all drivers not to drive when they have had a drink or taken drugs and he said Yes. I then challanged him why could the same rule not apply to my taking meds.

The other issue relates to expenses. I am still serving and going through the A20 Process. I have had to go up to London twice as part of this process. Can I claim the fare back as expenses. I have made a few calls but to no avail.
Beachcomber
Admin

http://www.pipin.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: DVLA and Expenses

Post by RedDog on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:07 pm

I cannot see why you should have to pay £50 if you already hold a current driving licence.

In my case, I have Type 1 Diabetes, the DVLA sent me a medical form to fill out with all the relevant details plus authorisation for them to contact my GP. When they got a satisfactory response from my GP my DL was issued but has to be renewed every three years...and has been. I have not had to pay any more money!

I would email a complaint to the DVLA and let them go from there.

As regards claiming expenses, I don't know of the present policy, but I was always offered cab fares although the last uptown journey was in 2007 I believe!!

RedDog

Back to top Go down