Bristol Narpo AGM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bristol Narpo AGM

Post by souplesse on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:34 am

... Bristol Narpo have invited the cakemaker PCC to the agm.  All members have to go and have their say.
souplesse

Back to top Go down

Re: Bristol Narpo AGM

Post by Blackmax on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:27 pm

I think that's fantastic, I do however think it's important to remain calm, polite and in control.

You may wish to cast your mind back to the national Police Federation meeting where Theresa May was booed and look what happened afterwards.

I would want Sue Mountstevens to hear things from your point of view just to see her reaction, you then have a better idea of what's going on. I bet she won't be expecting the turnout that's going to be there.

There's other ways of attacking her in my view and she's very good at leaving herself open.

The A & S situation is like a game of chess and moves need to be calculated carefully as they have been so far. I'm not likening it to a game as I know from personal experience forces, SMP's, HR departments and PCC's might see it like this, but it's far from it for those of us suffering maladministration.

Good luck, I'm sure all of us on here will want to know how you get on.

BM

Last edited by Blackmax on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Blackmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Melly on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:32 pm

The problem with this, is the misconception a PCC has any realisation of their moral responsibilities towards retired officers. They see their only responsibility is towards providing the service to the public. So saving money from any area which they see as a drain could be put into front line policing. The only way to win over PCC`s and Ms May is by public support. If they see a band wagon to jump on that will make them look good they will be at the head of the queue.
NAPRO and the Federation do very little to add to the public perception of the Public Service we have provided. Getting a press sponsor would go along way. I would never suggest we put ourselves in the same category as the Armed Services however if we canvassed public support half as well as they do, remembering they don't have the same bodies as we do, Public support would back Ms May into a corner.

Roger Melly

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmax on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:00 pm

Roger, that's it mate, I don't think we have public support any more, the Tories have done us so much damage with their mud slinging. Many people think it would serve us better to keep injury pensions quiet, I'm not so sure myself.

I just wondered if the A & S PCC had any heart at all, at least they might find out now?

Good luck to them and I hope they can get their lethargic NARPO to actually support them.

Blackmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top