Pensions Ombudsman Results Data.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pensions Ombudsman Results Data.

Post by Beachcomber on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:54 pm

The Pensions Ombudsman service has handled a number of complaints in relation to IOD pensions over the past few years and, although the service doesn't appear to be as well used these days, I do keep an eye on the determinations, particularly with IOD related cases.

I have been looking at P O results from data published on the Pensions Ombudsman web site. I have looked at data from 2010 to the time of writing to compare the 'success' rate of IOD complaints with that of the whole spectrum of cases handled by the P O.  

In this time period a total of 33 IOD related complaints were either upheld or partially upheld against just 6 that were not upheld.

Pensions Ombudsman Results from 2010

This compares with a total of around 810 upheld or partially upheld general complaints against 859 that were not upheld.

General Pensions Ombudsman Results from 2010

The high incidence of positive outcomes in IOD complaints must reflect the high level of injustice that has been brought to bear on IOD pensioners and also the poor quality administration of IOD pensions coupled with mismanagement and maladministration on the part of the authorities.

List of IOD Related Pensions Ombudsman Determinations.

This list may be incomplete but is gleaned from published data.
Beachcomber
Admin

http://www.pipin.org.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top