Derbyshire Latest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Derbyshire Latest

Post by stevens1249 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:07 pm

My apologies but I have submitted before on the forum but for the life of me I could not remember my password and no longer use the registered email address so I could not reset it either.

Anyway, to more important matters. Today I have received the Derbyshire NARPO Newsletter and I give you details below with regard to Injury on Duty reviews:

“If you recall in the last Annual Report I mentioned that Headquarters were contemplating whether to resume reviews of Injury Awards made to ex Police Officers in order to comply with the latest Home Office guidance and Police Pension Regulations.

Headquarters have worked up a proposal, which is going through the authorisation channels.
‘Healthworks’ have agreed to provide the SMP support.
IF they do start a programme, they do not anticipate that it will begin until October. They will be arranging a meeting with the Federation and NARPO. So keep an eye on the website for further developments.”

We shall wait and see - October being just a few days away.

Personally I did not know the Home Office had issued new Guidelines nor do I know who 'Healthworks' are. The wording of proposals having been "worked up" is ominous however. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

stevens1249

Back to top Go down

Re: Derbyshire Latest

Post by Beachcomber on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:20 pm

As stated in other posts on the forum, this information was mentioned at the IODPA conference on Sunday.

For those who are new to the IOD scenario, IODPA are our own charitable association. The association has a lot to offer especially in its relationship to the legal team who have a lot of experience in the defence of IOD pensions. Membership of the association requires an annual subscription and includes its own communications system as well as periodic meetings that are open to members.

The defence of IOD pensions is a complicated matter and IODPA is working hard developing strategies to aid that defence. There is no doubt that the association has taken our capabilities to a new level.

There was a time when the injured officer could trust their force, sadly that is not now the case. My personal view is that every IOD needs to be a member of IODPA. Please don't think that your force has your best interest at heart - they don't! Please don't think that your force fully understands the Regulations - they will tell you that they do, but long experience demonstrates that they don't! Please remember that it was a Derbyshire IOD who proved that HOC46/2004 was unlawful and had the 'guidance' withdrawn.

It is up to the individual to decide what is best for them but you certainly should not accept what the force says, nor should you accept that consultation with Narpo or PFEW legitimises the procedure or policy. Of course you do not have to be a member of any organisation but, when Derbyshire decides on how they wish to proceed, you will need good advice.

Our legal team will be informed as and when the force decide on their approach. If your IOD pension is reduced, it will make a huge difference to your life and could be life changing. It is important to us all and you cannot afford to stand by and hope the force won;t bother you - they will!

We do not oppose Reviews, they are part of the Regulations - it is the misuse of Reviews that we oppose.
Beachcomber
Admin

http://www.pipin.org.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top