Heads They Win, Tails You Lose.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heads They Win, Tails You Lose.

Post by Beachcomber on Wed May 17, 2017 12:11 pm

I have just been going over some old stuff going back to when they started fiddling with IOD pensions.

It was the reference to minimum income guarantee in The Police Pension Scheme - New Police Pensions Financing Arrangements

4.5 Please note that an injury pension to a former officer is the periodical payment made to top up any other police pension (whether ill-health, ordinary, short service or early deferred pension) to bring his or her income from relevant pensions and benefits (as defined by the regulations) up to the minimum income guarantee laid down by the injury benefits regulations. In many cases an injury pension may therefore be only a small amount paid in addition to another police pension. However, the injury pension is distinguishable from any other periodical payments in that it is exempt from income tax.

that prompted a memory, so I then went to Home Office Circular 46/2004 Annex C because I remember that there was a memorable sentence on the minimum income guarantee -it's near the end:

We do not think we can create a specific "minimum" minimum income guarantee under the Police Pensions Regulations in their present form.
Each case will have to be considered on the basis of its individual circumstances

So, in the case of IOD pensions is the 'minimum income guarantee' worth anything other than the minimum they can get away with?  

While I have been working away doing some research this morning, there has been some music playing in the background and this old song came on. I think it is so appropriate, particularly the line that goes "If the bad guys dont't get you, then the good guys will" (Assuming of course that our opponents can be described as 'good guys').

The Big Ones Get Away by Buffy Sainte - Marie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AjaVyyveig
Beachcomber
Admin

http://www.pipin.org.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top