Pensions Ombudsman Determination Re: ESA.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pensions Ombudsman Determination Re: ESA.

Post by Beachcomber on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:45 pm

This PSNI case is very odd. It would appear that the recipient's other benefits relating to the injury exceed the IOD pension which appears not to have been paid since 2002. Also it is rather confusing that there is no evidence that ESA has been deducted. The claimant appears to be adamant that ESA has been deducted and therefore must be claiming it. I would have thought that it would have been very easy to establish exactly what benefits were being claimed and therefore exactly which relevant benefits are being deducted.

Is this a 'one off' or something else - I have not come across this set of circumstances previously - perhaps someone can shed a bit more light on this issue:

Pensions Ombudsman Decision PO-9702
Beachcomber
Admin

http://www.pipin.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Pensions Ombudsman Determination Re: ESA.

Post by White Horse on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:00 pm

It seems to be the industrial injuries disablement benefit which is higher than his injury pension which stopped the payment of his IOD pension - and it sounds as if it could continue for a long time to come.
The ESA which he is claiming cannot be deducted, as the IOD pension has already been reduced to zero because of the II disablement benefit.
I had to read it twice, mind you, and I'm still not 100% sure.

White Horse

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top