Police Force or 'Business'?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Police Force or 'Business'?

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:28 pm

The Daily Mail headline regarding the high profile resignation of a Devon and Cornwall officer reads: 'We're more like a business than a police force': Former 'poster girl' officer posts a scathing resignation letter on Facebook slamming understaffing and budget cuts

Our forces may not yet be assimilated into G4S or similar but it is worth pointing out the following:

College of Policing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales, with registered number 8235199 and VAT registered number 152023949.

and

The now defunct Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO), officially The Association of Chief Police Officers of England, Wales and Northern Ireland, was a not-for-profit private limited company that for many years led the development of policing practices in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.[2] (Wikipedia)  I don't know what the status of its successor, the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC), is.
Admin
Admin

http://pipin.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Police Force or 'Business'?

Post by Twix on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Here we go...........

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/staffordshire-police-comes-under-for-charging-people-4-95-to-report-stolen-property/story-30189434-detail/story.html

What next - "report a crime, certainly sir - would you like fries with that"?

Twix

Back to top Go down

Post by oldandintheway on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:45 pm

I was retired in 1997. About a year before I retired I put an operational idea to my commanding officer. He sent me a report back instructing me to compile an operational order, a risk assessment and, wait for it, a business plan! He wanted to know whether it was S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, attributable, realistic and targetable! Yes, really). He also wanted to be able to advise his boss that it was "value for money". It was around that time that I knew I was finished.....

oldandintheway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top