Essex Police IOD Information (2015).

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Essex Police IOD Information (2015).

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:54 am

Essex Police Freedom of Information Response (2015).

The response on the calculation of Police Injury On Duty Pensions is quoted below:

In respect of your enquiry: Essex Police does hold the information requested, please see below: The calculation of Police Injury On Duty Pensions Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I wish to ask the following questions in relation to the calculation process of Police Injury On Duty Pension banding calculations. I ask this as there appears to be different ways of calculating this throughout the UK. a) Is a theoretical/notional earning figure (sometimes referred to as a Police Earnings Assessment Matrix **PEAM**) used in the calculation of Police Injury On Duty Pensions in Essex b) Is this figure which is normally a monetary value utilised in a formula by the Selected Medical Practitioner to calculate a banding of the injury pension. c) If this PEAM figure is used, at what part of the process is it used? Is it used in the initial (first) part of the injury on duty pension assessment to use as one of the multipliers or is this used when a review of an IOD pension is taking place? I ask this as I am aware some Police Services throughout the UK use this theoretical earning figure at differing parts of the process of calculating IOD pension bandings, some use it during the very first part of the process at the very first IOD pension assessment and some only use it at the point of a review instigated by the IOD pensioner or by the Police Pension administrator. It is clear that not using this theoretical earning figure at the very first assessment will possibly result in a higher banding with solely the SMP disablement percentage used for the banding i.e. 25% (band 1), 44% (band 2), 75% (band 3) & 90% (band 4). I ask, at which point do Essex Police IOD pension administrator use this theoretical earning figure and could an example of the formula or examples of the formulas be given. Is the theoretical figure used during the very first part of the IOD calculation or is it only used during a review process? Is the use of this theoretical earning figure in such calculations lawful and what law/ legislation/ guidance is used. If it is lawful what law/legislation/guidance is followed? To answer your enquiry I raised a query with the Head of Health Services for Essex Police and in respect of Q1 “a” I am advised that “Our SMP does the calculation and he uses a Police Officers exit salary so the answer must be no.” Answers to the other questions are therefore not applicable. I hope this is of use. Steve Grayton Temp.Senior Information Officer Data Protection & Freedom of Information Information Management Corporate Services Essex Police Headquarters PO Box 2, Springfield, Chelmsford, CM2 6DA wrote:
Admin
Admin

http://pipin.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top