IHR, Injury award and no help ! Can anyone help, please ????

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: IHR, Injury award and no help ! Can anyone help, please ????

Post by dj.brian on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:00 am

Ninny or the word I tried to use will not accepted by the website, idiot in stronger words
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Last working day 12th March, IHR !
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Papers all filled in to send off on 13th March for my IOD award.
6-9 months I believe is the normal time limit.

At least the PPA have reviewed my paperwork and awarded IHR, mind you it would have been hard to refuse it !

As stated above, last "working" day 12th March. I'm still signed off work for many weeks after that date anyway !

Popping back into the office next Friday to sign some papers and get rid of my uniform. Was not aware just how many motorbike leathers and jackets I had !
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Have to pop back into the office again so a superintendent can "witness" my signature before they will accept the rest of the paper work !

Just checked my IOD paper work and added a few bits to it, Is there anyone, do not have to be an expert obviously, who is able to have a look at the form and see if there is anything else I can add, or change please ? I have asked my local Fed Rep but he is away at present and I want to be ready to post it off the day after I retire !

Got my figures for lump sum and yearly pension from the lady in the Federation today, at least I know how much money I have to work with !
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by oldandintheway on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:16 pm

PM Urtica - he's good for that

oldandintheway

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:09 pm

PM sent asking for assistance, many thanks.
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Well went into the office today to get my signature witness by a C/Super.

Sat down. never met the woman before in my life (she was not in uniform), 7 other people in the office all listening to what was going on, she said "are you happy to be out", I stated "no", followed by her signing some forms in front of me and told me she hopes the rest of my life goes accordingly to plan, then asked me to leave the office as she has another appointment !

Not until I read the paper work was I aware that from the new Mets new boss, Dick, that everyone leaving the job must have a leaving interview with their Borough commander, that was mine !

Never saw it coming ! Not until I read the paperwork was I aware of what had just happened. Disgusted as I was, I sent an email to our new boss, Dick, explaining my concerns and what had just happened ! Nothing will come of it, but I have nothing to loose and just could not believe how I had been "had over"

dj.brian wrote:Have to pop back into the office again so a superintendent can "witness" my signature before they will accept the rest of the paper work !

Just checked my IOD paper work and added a few bits to it, Is there anyone, do not have to be an expert obviously, who is able to have a look at the form and see if there is anything else I can add, or change please ? I have asked my local Fed Rep but he is away at present and I want to be ready to post it off the day after I retire !

Got my figures for lump sum and yearly pension from the lady in the Federation today, at least I know how much money I have to work with !
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Melly on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:24 am

Its not easy Brian but you need to let it all wash over you and put all your focus into you and your family. The fact a senior officer could not afford you the courtesy to conduct an exit interview correctly leaves them lacking. A missed opportunity on their part to improve the organisation, but you need to look forward.
Very sincere best wishes for the future.

Roger Melly

Back to top Go down

Post by oldandintheway on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:45 am

Brian, you have to realise that they are not treating you like this because of anything to do with you. They treat EVERYBODY this way. In the past you may have been fortunate enough to consider yourself to be well thought of and to have friends in what you saw as "the job" - the focus of your life (apart, I hope, from your family) and the source of almost all of your friends. All those friends - the ones still in "the job" - they are not your friends anymore - they forgot about you the second you walked out the door regardless of what they said. All those senior officers and those people in HR who you thought would look after your interests, especially at this time when you are so raw and vulnerable - they are now out to screw you out of your Injury Pension - you are a drain on the budget. NARPO and the Fed - they either can't or won't help you or, even worse, will give you inaccurate or totally wrong advice.

You may get good advice from this website and I would also recommend IODPA who have access to a first class legal team who will work in your interests if it comes to the crunch. The job will try to make you think their efforts to disenfranchise you have the weight of law - they are lying. The most important thing you have to remember from this point onwards is that you have to treat ALL police contacts as potentially hostile who will break the law in order to avoid paying you what you are due. I know that goes against every assumption you have held during your career in the police but that's the way it is.

Last edited by oldandintheway on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellng)

oldandintheway

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Melly on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:13 pm

oldandintheway wrote:Brian, you have to realise that they are not treating you like this because of anything to do with you. They treat EVERYBODY this way. In the past you may have been fortunate enough to consider yourself to be well thought of and to have friends in what you saw as "the job" - the focus of your life (apart, I hope, from your family) and the source of almost all of your friends. All those friends - the ones still in "the job" - they are not your friends anymore - they forgot about you the second you walked out the door regardless of what they said. All those senior officers and those people in HR who you thought would look after your interests, especially at this time when you are so raw and vulnerable - they are now out to screw you out of your Injury Pension - you are a drain on the budget. NARPO and the Fed - they either can't or won't help you or, even worse, will give you inaccurate or totally wrong advice.

You may get good advice from this website and I would also recommend IODPA who have access to a first class legal team who will work in your interests if it comes to the crunch. The job will try to make you think their efforts to disenfranchise you have the weight of law - they are lying. The most important thing you have to remember from this point onwards is that you have to treat ALL police contacts as potentially hostile who will break the law in order to avoid paying you what you are due. I know that goes against every assumption you have held during your career in the police but that's the way it is.

Can't argue with any of the above.

Roger Melly

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:04 pm

All read and understood.

It just goes against the grain of everything I have done, and the people I have helped and looked after while working in the job ! It is just a bad time for me at the present I think. Especially as I found out yesterday that a new recruit "tripped" over a wire in a classroom and got a payout of 7K and did not have to finish his training ! so a police officer on the streets without the final 3 weeks of training and an extra 7K in his pocket, what the F**K is going on ?

I think now is the time for me to take a step back and not get stressed about the whole situation again and again and again. Hard thing to do, a lot easier to write/say.

I am on the other site also and have found out it is not just me that has been, and is still being screwed by what we have all gone through, or still going through. Where did it all go so wrong. I thought injured officers would be well looked after they left. what little I knew !

Thanks everyone.
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Guess what, the C/Super signed the wrong paperwork !

Just received a phone call telling me if I want my pension I have to meet up again on Wednesday so she can sign the correct paperwork and witness mine, again !!!!

Just as I thought my next fight would be for my IOD award, I'm not finished trying to get my IHR pension sorted out. My official retirement date is this Sunday 12th March, have already been advised pension will not be sorted by then and may take up to another 5 "working" days. Weekends are not included, I though Police Officers worked at weekends, maybe not in the Met anymore ! I did get my certificate of service through the post today telling me I retired on the 12th March 2017 and my service was exemplary, which is nice to know.

At least I now know this is my exit interview, lots of things to say and I will hand my warrant card over to the C/Super as I don't want it anymore, just my IHR pension sorted, followed by my IOD award completed in a timely manner.

Just as I decided to get my stress levels down.
Sad
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:54 pm

Popped into the office as asked, C/Super was not able to make the appointment due to other appointments.
Signed the correct paper work in front on my line manager (who has been brilliant throughout)

Advised ALL my IHR paper work has now been received and is all correct and they will "try" and pay my pension on Monday morning as it should be. Still don't know exactly what it will be as I was advised I would be advised via post 3 weeks before I retire !

I shall wait and see what happens now. Still got my warrant card and will keep hold of it until I have received my IHR pension. I have completed my IOD forms ready to be sent on Monday, as long as I have been paid !

Watch this space !
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:00 am

Also tried to sign into my emails/AWARE system, my account has been deleted !
Thanks goodness I printed everything I needed before, I'd be stuffed if not due to what evidence they are asking for my IOD award ! Lucky I have printed off everything they want, or would argue.
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Changed my mind, Warrant/Oyster card and locker key handed into the office this afternoon ! Sad
Weird feeling not having a warrant card in my pocket, instead now have a Disabled freedom pass ! Smile

IOD paper work still being posted on Monday, 6-9 months wait for that now.
Hey Ho, can now concentrate on more important matters, the Mrs/Kids and a holiday ! cheers cheers cheers
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Melly on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Day zero Brian day zero.

Roger Melly

Back to top Go down

Post by dj.brian on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:59 pm

Difficult, but thanks.
dj.brian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top