Safe Horizon UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Safe Horizon UK

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:40 am

SHUK provides a service which has been helpful to many of our colleagues. The provision of services like SHUK inevitably incur costs and the time has come to seek financial support;

Claire wrote:Membership fee & Donations

The time has come for me to contact you about the introduction of a membership fee of £1 per week, payable as £4 per month via direct debit.

I hope you agree with me that the service offered by Safe Horizon UK is unique.

SHUK needs regular funds to be able to provide and manage:-

A Peer Support Group
One-2-one advocacy, advice, information and support
Advice and support for Partners living alongside PTSD
Providing members with activities that support recovery, such as Equine Assisted Therapy, Yoga for Frontline Trauma, Outdoor skills workshops
Providing members with professional services, such as life coaching or Psychology Assessments.
and more....

It doesn't stop there.  Safe Horizon is contacted by retired Officers who have lived and struggled with PTSD for many many years.  Perhaps for the first time, people can belong to a community which validates their experiences, thoughts and feelings.  

Safe Horizon UK is working to raise awareness of the impact of moral injury and organisational factors on mental health and PTSD in a way that others are not.  It is not only a lack of treatment and early intervention causing problems.  People need to know their rights at work, understand when they may be discriminated against on the grounds of disability and help through procedures such as grievance and ill health retirement.  

Policing brings challenges unlike those experienced by the general population or the Military.  Though there may be some similarities, it is important for you to have a service which is 'just for you'.

Safe Horizon has been described as 'invaluable', 'a god send' and a 'life-saver'.  

I would be grateful if you would complete the GoCardless Direct Debit as part of your commitment to support the work of SHUK and your ongoing membership.

If you have any questions, please get in contact

Thank you to all those who have previously made donations.  Please feel free to share this with family, friends and colleagues who may be interested in making a regular donation.

http://www.safehorizon.co.uk/

Admin
Admin

http://pipin.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top