Please keep posting info on pipin!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please keep posting info on pipin!!

Post by Cheesed off! on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:37 pm

Having viewed numerous queries being addressed on pipin with knowledgeable responses and learnt quite a bit in the process, it has been noticed by myself and colleagues that pipin is not being used very much of late. As an officer with an iod, ( not ptsd) trying to glean information is really hard, as we all know !!! I admire the work of iodpa, and am aware of their website, but feel maybe pipin is "moving aside" . Please don't!!! You're advice is always ; accurate, to the point, concise, and there for all to see and understand without going into all the " politics" that are surrounding the issues, if anyone agrees, then please agree and post a comment!! We are all still here reading and I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all of you guys at pipin, when I needed advice you all posted, it was nice to know someone wanted to help,

Cheesed off!

Back to top Go down

Re: Please keep posting info on pipin!!

Post by oldandintheway on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:09 am

Post removed by poster as courtesy after response taking issue with this post was removed by "Admin" - it is unfair that my post, which was admittedly very clumsily written, should remain when a response which had merit has been removed. This is in no way a criticism of Admin who was absolutely right to remove posts referred to.

Last edited by oldandintheway on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:53 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Fairness and conciliation)

oldandintheway

Back to top Go down

Post by FancySmith on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:47 pm

The hardcore fighters of maladministration are a minority. Thank God for each and every one of them and the legacy they have left for the benefit of us all.

A mixture of apathy, too trusting and lack of awareness sums up many IOD pensioners. The maladministration and criminal acts carried out to cut injury awards have a common theme throughout the UK.

Many may think the fight is won.

I always check in with this website for updates and new postings.  It was a lifesaver for me. It saved my skin four years ago when armed with info gleaned from this site I fought via the Pensions Ombudsman what would have been the fifth attempt to cut or remove my injury award.

I was also fighting cancer at the time which made things far worse.

I have a piece of paper signed by a DCC saying there will be no further reviews of my injury award- only time will tell.

I've had personal contact with one or two members over the years and have also posted requests on the what do they know site in order to glean information.

Nobody really knows what's around the corner.

I'd just reiterate what the previous writers have said.

PS I changed my user name in 2015 as my force were watching my posts. Hence the single post today.

FancySmith

Back to top Go down

Posts Deleted

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:51 pm

After consideration, a number of posts have been deleted from this thread.

Please note that no rivalry exists between the Pipin and Iodpa. We are colleagues and friends and, although we operate independently, we have a shared purpose. At present we complement each other with Pipin remaining open to all and Iodpa operating on a more secure membership platform.  

We are aware that having two web sites might seem unnecessary and it is likely that eventually the two will merge.  It is true that activity on Pipin has reduced recently and there are a number of reasons for this, not just that the Iodpa forum has been intrduced.  Pipin was created to meet a need and has served us very well. It looks very likely that we will fighting the battle on behalf of IOD pensions for a long time to come and we need to develop our strategies to meet whatever is thrown our way. Although we can only react to developments, we can probably predict some of the various options that the authorities might employ, hence the need for security with the information that is communicated via our forums.

A lot of time and work goes into the defence of our IOD pensions and Iodpa has the people and will to take this to the next stage and beyond.  We will take up some of the points raised in the deleted posts and attempt to resolve the issues with the individuals concerned.
Admin
Admin

http://pipin.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top