Biased SMP's ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Biased SMP's ?

Post by Jacks Bro on Thu May 12, 2016 9:04 pm

Has anyone encountered a blatantly biased SMP who has made comments such as an exerts report is biased etc.......

How have you dealt with the individual. Is there anyway of establishing if the SMP has a series of complaints against them ?

Jacks Bro

Back to top Go down

Re: Biased SMP's ?

Post by Beachcomber on Sat May 21, 2016 7:28 am

There is serious concern among IOD's about the independence and impartiality of SMP's. Years ago, the SMP was a figure to be trusted and that is the way it should be, sadly in the last few years things have changed and reports from numerous IOD's indicate that SMP's in many cases are favouring the interests of the authorities over the needs and entitlements of the pensioner. Some forces are adopting what they term 'robust policies' in administrating IOD issues which would appear to rely on SMP's who are particularly amenable to their interests. We note that the names of certain SMP's are frequently quoted with one or two attracting particular notoriety and, if reports are correct, ignoring the medical evidence and records and applying perverse diagnoses. Even criticism in the High Court does not seem to put some SMP's off.

I am certain that at some point one or more SMP's will be brought to book and, not only be exposed, but will face penalties. The role of the SMP is very fundamental to the system and they should guard their independence fiercely, rather than do the bidding of their paymasters.

It would seem that the role of SMP is not particularly attractive to many Doctors and we have heard of one case in particular where a force had some difficulty in securing an SMP to handle a review!  The Scoffield Report in Northern Ireland highlighted the concerns of SMP's and one can see that SMP's are not happy with what they are expected to do. On my last review, the SMP told me that he was not happy with what he was doing and it would appear that SMP's have, on occasions, rubber stamped decisions made for them (probably by HR people). The SMP needs to be able to fulfill their role impartial without interference - they need to be properly accountable too, and not just to the force that pay them.

There is more information available on secure forums and IODPA
Beachcomber
Admin

http://www.pipin.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Melly on Fri May 27, 2016 9:57 am

Hi Beachcomber if you contact Urtica he has my pmab report, the smp was not just biased he verbally attacked me during the hearing.
I know someone else is having problems with the same smp on this forum. I admit I have my own perspective on this but compiling data will go to support the facts rather than the feelings.
Forgive my rants as what I think sometimes makes it way onto the page sometimes it goes round and round in my head.

Roger Melly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top