Pensionable Service

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pensionable Service

Post by emma3158 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:14 pm

I was medically pensioned out in November 2014 and given an ill health pension. According to my records I have 14yrs 338 days service. This was enhanced to 21yrs 338 days for the ill health pension.

I have been going through the IOD side of the pension and got the SMPs report yesterday. He has deemed that my IOD is 50% and my other issue is 50%. They have used comparator roles to deem me 30% so that halved is 15% which puts me in the minor 1st bracket. He also states that he believes I can work a 30 hour week with restrictions. When I was pensioned out my OHU had me on reduced hours working 20 a week. My condition has got worse since so he's deluded at what he thinks I can work. Don't even get me started on the comparator roles they have used. I have emailed HR to ask how they have come up with these roles and what salaries they have used and will be interested to see what they say.

What my main question is, is what pensionable service will they use to decide on my IOD pension. The first band being upto 15yrs service (30%) and the next is 15-25yrs service (40%). This percentage difference makes a massive financial difference to me on a monthly basis. I will be distraught if I miss out on the 45% due to being 27 days short of having 15yrs service. I still intend to appeal against the SMP's finding as I don't agree with what he believes I can and cant do. Am I able to appeal against this and will my Federation help me.

Any advice or assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm very stressed to say the least.

emma3158

Back to top Go down

Re: Pensionable Service

Post by Roger Melly on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:52 am

Hi Emma,
Sorry I can not give you a definitive answer on your length of service issue, I would imagine its a defined cut off point. But I was seen by an SMP from your parts who totally mis represented apportionment towards my IOD.
With the support of the Federation and the great solicitors who I can not bring to mind (thats drugs for you, why anyone would choose to take them for recreational purposes beats me), I won my my PMAB. As every case is different you need the correct legal representation.
You could also make a direct appeal to the Chief, I know your acting Chief has a great deal of compassion but in todays world money may make more waves than caring and support.
Best of luck.

Roger Melly

Back to top Go down

Post by emma3158 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:59 am

Thank you for that. My SMP DR has made so many mistakes in my opinion. Apportioning 50% to a non IOD, saying I can work full time with adjustments when OHU had me working a 16 hour week prior to retirement due to my condition. I'm seeking advice and representation to take this further. It's comforting and reassuring to hear that it worked for you. Our acting Chief is a nice lady. I will just see how it goes and post my results on here.

Thanks again.

Last edited by emma3158 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes)

emma3158

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Melly on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:12 am

Both the SMP and Ron are the names I was struggling with. I would defiantly ask to see Dee, I believe she would look at things with a balanced head.

Roger Melly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top