National IODPA/ADfPO Meeting.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

National IODPA/ADfPO Meeting.

Post by Beachcomber on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Many thanks to the organisers of the First National Joint IODPA/ADfPO meeting which was held yesterday. It was good to see so many of us together. Thanks also to the 'legal eagles' who attended.The meeting was a milestone for us and indicates that we are increasing in strength. Whereas, when those few determined individuals formed ADfPO, only those IOD's who had reached CRA or SRA were affected, now younger ex officers are being drawn in, as well as some serving officers. The younger generation are working very hard to develop and continue our opposition and challenges to unlawful or unfair attacks on IOD pensions. I like what I see.

Once again, thanks to the organisers, solicitors and all those who attended.
Beachcomber
Admin

http://www.pipin.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: National IODPA/ADfPO Meeting.

Post by Adversity on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:56 pm

My thanks to all those speaking out for, and supporting IOD's, especially as some of us are unable to speak out for ourselves, because of our health issues.

Credit should also be extended to PIPIN, certainly I never realised the maladministration that I had suffered was so widespread, until an internet search found PIPIN. And I believe I am correct in saying that it was as a result of certain IOD's meeting through PIPIN, that led to the formation of IODPA? My force does not have a AdfPO, so I was rather a lone wolf, until I found this site. So I add PIPIN to Beachcombers post of appreciation.

Adversity

Back to top Go down

Post by Beachcomber on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:05 pm

Thanks Adversity.

I am very proud of what Pipin has achieved for so many IODs.  The last year or so has thrown up a lot of problems for me and it has been necessary to step back a little and focus on other matters. However, things seem to be getting back to normal again so I expect to be 'in harness' again soon.  We are seeing our organisations develop and evolve and it has occurred to me that Pipin might have served its purpose and could soon be eclipsed by developments - but, from conversations with other IOD's at last weekend's meeting, that appears not to be the case, which is very encouraging.

Pipin was created primarily as a beacon that could be easily found by IOD's and because of this we have avoided levels of security that could compromise our accessibility. Ex officers are continuing to find us and, through Pipin, are being guided into our self help network and also being introduced to our legal support team.

Of necessity, much of what passes between us is highly confidential and more secure channels are provided by other colleagues within the wider IOD network.

As I said before things are evolving. Don't be confused by the different acronyms (Pipin, AdfPO, IODPA and other IOD groups) - we are all on the same team. I urge any IOD officer, serving or retired, to become involved by making contact with any of the groups - it is also very important to spread the word so that IOD's who may not know of our existence become aware that we can help.
Beachcomber
Admin

http://www.pipin.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Melly on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:40 pm

To be fair The Federation both locally and nationally should be sign posting officers towards the site. Indeed they should be sponsoring the site, with the vast amount of contributions they have banked over the years.

Roger Melly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top