Injury Benefit and the CSA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Injury Benefit and the CSA

Post by Kevin Winterbone on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:42 am

Can anyone confirm if Injury Benefit is eligible for CSA assessment. Equitini have told me it isn't but the CSA have applied a variation. I retired in 1996 and was made redundant in July so this is now my new family's only source of income.

Kevin Winterbone

Back to top Go down

Re: Injury Benefit and the CSA

Post by Adversity on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Hello, I found this link suggesting any payments made under a disability pension or benefit, are not considered as income, may be worth looking at the link. (I am a bit useless with links so if it does not work, search for child support laws, what counts as earnings, by Lorna Elliott LLB (hons), Barrister) No knowledge of any of this myself, just noted the item when I was searching for something else.

http://www.childsupportlaws.co.uk/what-counts-earnings.html

Adversity

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Winterbone on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Thanks for that - as far as I can make out the injury benefit counts as a compensation payment for the injury separate from the pension itself so shouldn't be taken into account but there is hardly any information about it (and the CSA are the last people to tell you!). If anyone else has any ideas I'd be grateful. I have always paid maintenance but it seems when you fall on hard times there's no leeway given so you can get back on your feet...

Kevin Winterbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top