Review concluded

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Review concluded

Post by Dibble on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:56 pm

Received a letter today informing me that my review has been concluded without referral to the FMO. I am not to expect any further reviews until at least 2017. I am aware of one other having received a similar letter today.

Dibble

Back to top Go down

Re: Review concluded

Post by oldandintheway on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:13 pm

Good news I hope for you Dibble - but 2017 isn't far away - sounds like they have only postponed the process - what force were you?

oldandintheway

Back to top Go down

Post by Dibble on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:18 pm

I was in Merseyside ... and yes it does sound like they're just postponing any real attempt to reduce pensions.

Last edited by Dibble on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing error)

Dibble

Back to top Go down

Post by oldandintheway on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:57 am

Still - I've never heard of a review without referral to an FMO - is that promising?

oldandintheway

Back to top Go down

Post by Dibble on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:04 am

It's the correct outcome for me. If wasting more money was their aim then they would have done a full review.

Dibble

Back to top Go down

Post by oldandintheway on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:09 pm

All the very best to you Dibble - I had a memorable long weekend in your neck of the woods around 1981, catching bricks, petrol bombs etc together with a large number of mutual support units from just about everywhere - it got so memorable that the Chief Constable took the weekend off! Pity he missed it, but I suppose even back then it was easier to dodge responsibility the higher one got up the food chain.

oldandintheway

Back to top Go down

Post by Urtica on Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:50 pm

Merseyside conducted 502 reviews of degree of disablement - injury pension reviews - in 2015.

Of these, 'only' 25 pensioners had thir injury pensions reduced. Not one had their injury pension increased.

Something is not right here. From information received I understand that these 'reviews' were done by means of asking pensioners for details of their earnings. I believe that none of them has had a medical interview or examination by the force-appointed 'duly qualified medical practitioner' or by any other doctor employed or paid for by the force.

It is extremely doubtful that these reviews have been held lawfully.

We are told that local NARPO have had many calls from IOD pensioners who wanted advice.

But, so far, it seems that no challenge has been made to any of these reviews.

If any Merseyside IOD pensioner wants to talk about this peculiar situation, then please get in touch - by private message on this forum if you wish, or post your experience and views on the public forum.

I especially would like to hear from any of the 25 pensioners who had their pensions reduced. You can email me at admin@iodpa.org in complete confidence.

Urtica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top