Milne Commutation Factors impact on Injury Pension

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Kaine448 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:48 am

Hi All,I like a few others here I'm sure will have been watching the Milne case as I am affected by it's outcome(Ret'd Oct2006).I have read the new Gad figures and now understand them BUT does this now affect my injury pension.This was not awarded until April 2007 so not directly in the time frame but of course my Ordinary (short service  25yrs+) Pension will now be increased by about £500 pa (I think!),and increments backdated.
I have reread the Injury Awards process and am headspinning again.... Shocked

Kaine448

Back to top Go down

Re: Milne Commutation Factors impact on Injury Pension

Post by P1 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Kaine448.

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how the Milne case would affect the annual pension.

The judgement was about commutation factors - i.e. when you exchange part of your ill health pension for a lump sum.

The Pensions Ombudsman has ruled that commutation factors should have been increased between Dec 2001 and December 2006.

GAD have now produced those revised factors.

Officers who retired between December 2001 and December 2006 will receive back-pay; calculated by using the correct commutation factor for the relevant period plus interest.

As I see it, this does not affect the annual pension, just the lumper unless I'm missing something.

P1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaine448 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks for the reply P,I was just wanting reassurance I suppose that things like minimum income guarantee etc would not affect a calculation as the backdated increment would have changed my base pension before calculation of the later injury pension,if you see what I mean.

Kaine448

Back to top Go down

Re: Milne Commutation Factors impact on Injury Pension

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top