Forum Registered Users.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum Registered Users.

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:59 am

Our new forum has been running for several months but, although the forum generates a healthy number of visits, membership numbers and participation are disappointing. One of our senior members has expressed his desire to produce an occasional newsletter but there are insufficient numbers of registered users to make this worthwhile.

The main Pipin web site continues to generate a high level of interest even though things have been quiet for some on the IOD front.  Other IOD groups have web sites and forums that operate more securely than Pipin and there are good reasons for this level of security. Pipin does not apply this level of security because one of its main aims is to be easily found and therefore readily available to attract IODs wherever they may be. There will be a time when lots of previously unreviewed IODs will be faced with the need to find assistance and the Pipin web site will be there for them.

As things are at the present time, although the main Pipin web site will continue to operate as long as it is required, the forum is another matter.  

If IODs think that the forum is worthwhile, please indicate your support by registering. If membership remains low, it will be taken as an indication that things are developing in other ways and the forum is no longer required.

Please comment on the usefulness of this forum and add your views on whether it should continue.
Admin
Admin

http://pipin.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Registered Users.

Post by Dibble on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:13 pm

I can obviously only speak for myself but I think the inactivity on this forum may reflect the inactivity with reviews. I pop in here to see if anyone else has been 'progressed' and have perhaps posted their own update. 15 months after posting back my review questionnaire - I'm still waiting. I also check the news page on the website very regularly. Just wish I had something useful to add.

Dibble

Back to top Go down

Post by P1 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:34 pm

I can echo Dibble's sentiments above.

I regularly check in here and in the News section to keep abreast of any developments.

Although I post relatively infrequently this forum is a goldmine of information and has helped me to understand the Regulations, case law and the problems injured officers face - please keep the forum going.
We - as a group of injured former police officers - need it.

P1

Back to top Go down

Post by Adversity on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:17 pm

I think that things have gone quiet, compared to the old forum, just because of the timing, unfortunately. Currently we are all waiting for key decisions to be made, and until they are, we would otherwise be going over the same ground again and again. Decisions about a new review process, decisions about ESA becoming a relevant benefit, decisions about what they propose to do about ESA illegally deducted from our pensions previously, and then, for us oldies, decisions about whether Incapacity benefit was illegally deducted prior to it becoming a relevant benefit in 2006.

The recent ruling about commutation levels would only affect a small number of IOD pensioners, so I am not surprised that hasn't been discussed more, although it may be worth mentioning there is a case being looked at for those who retired 2008-Dec 2001, (in my case 2 months before Dec 2001-argghhhh!) But again, all we can do is grumble about it, we must once again play a waiting game.

Once decisions have been made, I am sure the forum will explode into life as we experience the usual maladministration by our pension providers trying to interpret those decisions...in their favour!

Please know the owners of this site are much admired and appreciated, and the site has certainly been a life saver for many of us, as we tread through the muddy waters of IOD pensions.

Adversity

Back to top Go down

Post by dumped on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:29 pm

I’d like to echo what everyone above has said – and how much I value your site.

I’m a very infrequent poster, but that’s not a reflection of the usefulness of the forum. Unfortunately, it’s a reflection of me and my frame of mind - very, very withdrawn, and not in the best of places. I think too many years battling with my injury has really taken its toll. And waiting for my long overdue review doesn’t help. But this site reminds me that I'm not alone and that unfortunately there are many others whose injury has wiped them out and are going through a similar hell.

I do look in very regularly here and find it a lifeline. I’d be sorry to see the forum go - it’s the only forum I’m aware of for IODs.

Thank you for all you’ve done for us. I'm forever grateful

dumped

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDog on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:55 pm

I would ask, if possible, for this forum to continue. It has been the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel!
I do frequent another IOD forum but as you say it is not open for general viewing and so would be difficult for someone, new, to find. This forum is simply found on google and, as others have said, I believe this forum will get very busy quite soon!!

Keep up the good work!

RedDog

Back to top Go down

Post by wpcbunty on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm pretty much the same. I have always valued PIPIN for the information. My situation was different and as such never had much to contribute.

There are times when I find it hard to read anything IoD related. It causes me a level of anxiety.

But, having gone through major battles with my farce, with only the support of non-job friends and having to do all the research for my legals (claimed they knew the Regs but patently didn't), I have taken a lot of comfort from knowing that, even if I had no clue who you all were, I was not alone and that I hadn't been singled out for the treatment metered out.

I too believe that new games will be played out and there will be a place for the functions of PIPIN.

wpcbunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmax on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:16 am

Invaluable!

Blackmax

Back to top Go down

Post by oldandintheway on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:50 am

I was registered on the old site but have not previously done so on this one because I have had nothing to contribute to the forum - I expect that a lot of users are like me. However, I DO visit the site and read the forum on a daily basis. I have now re-registered for (presently) only one reason - to beg you not to close the forum; it is an exceptionally valuable place to share information, beliefs, stories and advice to the many of us who feel very vulnerable. I believe that another reason that some previously registered users have not re-registered is simply because it is a new format that maybe doesn't seem so immediately easy to read as the old familiar one.

At it's best the old forum was great - give it a chance to get back on it's feet. For me the titbits and advice from the likes of Beachcomber and Urtica that don't warrant an entry on the "News" page are worth their weight in gold (I'm not sure what nominal weight we attribute to digital data but I hope that you know what I mean). The Newsletter sounds like a great idea - if he has time to produce it it will be read and valued - are reader numbers important? It need only be produced when appropriate and would increase that confidence of being informed and up to date.

Last edited by oldandintheway on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add something I overlooked to say.)

oldandintheway

Back to top Go down

Post by oswald on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 pm

I fully agree with oldandintheway. I personally really appreciate what beachcomber does for the forum. From my old Force I watch with interest all his posts.
oswald

Back to top Go down

Post by Urtica on Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:46 pm

Good grief! Close PIPIN? Unthinkable. It is a vital point of contact for any and all IOD pensioners and their families who are looking for information, support, advice or just want to know that they are not alone.

Things are quiet at the moment because most forces are still not holding reviews - at least not in great numbers. No reviews means that maladministration in the past remains undiscovered, and no new maladministration is generated.

The action, such as it is, currently centres on Avon and Somerset, where the force unwisely decided to try to cut costs by launching into a programme where the intention was to review all 420 or so IOD pensioners. That programme immediately ran into difficulty.

The force hired a new SMP, as they had not been conducting reviews for some years.  An initial batch of sixteen IOD pensioners, all on band four and all under the age of 50 were selected for review.  Now, some seven months on, none of the reviews the SMP conducted have been concluded. He has decided he can't decide, and has the affront to try to put the blame on pensioners insisting on their right to the process actually being conducted within the Regulations.

PIPIN can rightly claim no small part in causing this unlawful review programme to stall. Avon and Somerset IOD pensioners were able to find each other through PIPIN. Without PIPIN they would have been struggling to form an effective challenge to the high-handed and unlawful actions of the force.

So, please don't think PIPIN has outlived its usefulness. So long as it remains it stands as a visible reminder to those who would wish to maltreat IOD pensioners that they won't get away with it, and it stands as a beacon of hope for pensioners, about-to-be pensioners, their families and friends.

Urtica

Back to top Go down

Post by oldandintheway on Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:04 pm

I think it's the "Forum" that beachcomber has in mind - not the entire site. But, for me, the "Forum" is the living part of the site - without it the rest would wither and die - even if it didn't it would be seriously diminished as a tool for it's users. Don't do it beachcomber!

Last edited by oldandintheway on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to correct gramatical error)

oldandintheway

Back to top Go down

Forum

Post by Kaine448 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:57 pm

May I add my name to those not wanting to see any changes.Like many(or all) I dip in daily to see whats new.All information shared forewarns us of the 'dodges' that forces can employ.Just imagine if none of us had any of the info contained here....we would be walked all over!

Kaine448

Back to top Go down

Post by White Horse on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:03 pm

I only joined the forum recently and although there are not a lot of posts, it is quality rather than quantity which is important here.
I think that NARPO should highlight the existence of this forum and the website, encouraging people to join and interact.
As guests can read the forum, some contributors might be a bit shy in posting.
Please keep the forum going, it is a good resource.

White Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:18 am

The new forum has introduced a degree of admin flexibility and is much easier to administrate. Over the past few years the web site has been maintained from a lot of different locations in various parts of the world.

The forum is obviously appreciated by IOD's and therefore it will continue. It is clear that there is a reluctance for IOD's to register and the web traffic shows a high level of usage that isn't reflected in the numbers of registered users.

I have no doubt that this will change when more IOD's are subjected to reviews and reassessment but we do need more members if we are to take advantage of the features available to us and to develop the forum for the benefit of iOD's.

This forum is a service for IOD's, It costs nothing to register and you can be anonymous.
Admin
Admin

http://pipin.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ejay2 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:33 am

Thank you all so much for this lifeline, in particular to Beachcomber and Urtica for your continued interest and knowledge in all matters relating to IOD pensions.

As others have said, I'm sure more will register and post on here as soon as things hot up again in relation to reviews?!

Ejay2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzer on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Thanks and please don't go away

Fuzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wretched on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:10 am

I would just like to add my appreciation for all the invaluable support and assistance that this site provides. Having been subjected to 3 reviews, and some very questionable behaviour during that process, finding this website a few years ago was a God send! Thank you.

Wretched

Back to top Go down

Post by officerdribble on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:01 am

I value both the site and this forum. Please keep it going. It's reassuring to have the support of fellow officers going through the same situations and sharing information.

officerdribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Yesrhi on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:10 pm

As someone who is only just beginning to go through the process to apply for IOD, this forum has been invaluable with information and 1st hand experience from others.

Yesrhi

Back to top Go down

Post by chalky1991 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:51 am

This is a reassurance and life saver! I may not contribute much as I'm not fully versed up enough to be of much use but i have used the information and chatted directly which has helped immensely

chalky1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top