How to make a complaint about an SMP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to make a complaint about an SMP

Post by SHUK McD on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:13 pm

My query relates to EIHR - apologies; i know Pipin is for issues around IOD. Has anyone challenged an SMP who does not adhere to Police Regulations and PNB guidance when making determinations on permanent disability (aside from the usual appeal process). For example, professional negligence resulting in loss of earnings, complaint to a medical board, perhaps one responsible for Occupational health practitioners etc? Many thanks, Claire - Safe Horizon UK
SHUK McD

http://www.safehorizon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: How to make a complaint about an SMP

Post by souplesse on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:38 pm

We are pursuing a similar course of action in our area Claire concerning a smp gone rogue. In the first instance, not withstanding the usual appeal of police medical appeals board, complaints have been raised direct with the GMC. Grounds have been failure to abide by gmc guidelines. Examples have been unreasonble delay in reports, failure to consider the wellbeing of the individual and negligent in his role in causing the deterioration. Also acting unlawfully in a manner excess of his statutory role. Still early days and the complaints have only recently been made.
souplesse

Back to top Go down

Post by SHUK McD on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:15 am

Thanks for this souplesse. I will watch with interest. I am formulating some strategies for tackling the problem of SMPs who are not considering the capabilities of Officers with severe PTSD in relation to'ordinary policing duties' and failing to correctly interpret 'permanent disability'. I will keep the forum updated with any activity and progress.
SHUK McD

http://www.safehorizon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top